- I have spent the last ten weeks vomiting. Morning sickness is seriously the worst! Or in my case, all day sickness. I have really mastered the art of slipping quietly out of a meeting to go blow chunks in the bathroom. Then I carefully fix my hair, wipe the running mascara from under my glassy eyes and make sure there isn’t any vomit on my dress.
- Because I literally could not stop puking, my doctor gave me a prescription for Phenergan. So excited to feel like a normal human again, I took one of those bad boys on a Saturday afternoon at approximately 1:30 pm, right after Henry woke up from a nap. We went downstairs and he went to play in his playroom. I got super tired and thought, “I’ll just close my eyes for a minute.” I woke up at 9 pm to an empty house. My mom had taken Henry for the night and Logan had to attend a Christmas party stag. Oops. No more Phenergan for me.
- Baby brain is a bitch. Luckily the fog is starting to lift since my first trimester is almost over. I would like to apologize to my boss for being a hot mess the last two months.
- My house is a freaking disaster and no one has had clean laundry for two months. I would like to thank my husband for rescuing Christmas. He literally bought almost all of our Christmas presents and wrapped every single one, including his own. I love you, Logan!
- I am not glowing. My face is breaking out, I’m splotchy as can be and my waistline is quickly expanding. I am pretty sure I am also sweating constantly and I have just become accustomed to it. I’ve had a couple people tell me it must be a girl because they steal your beauty. Not a compliment but I’m hoping they meant well. Haha.
- I gained sixty pounds over the duration of my last pregnancy. I SWORE that during this one, I would take better care of myself. I’ve still been getting up at 5 am to work out, but holy shit, if I want a double cheeseburger from Wendy’s with a six piece nugget and ranch, GET OUT OF MY WAY! I forgot how intense the cravings are. My husband doesn’t understand it. I need someone to back me up on this one please.
- Another one of my irrational cravings is orange juice. I buy a gallon every week and drink it right out of bottle. One day, we were out and I HAD TO HAVE ORANGE JUICE! I went to the closest place I could find that sold orange juice and ran inside. I purchased my orange juice and had to stop myself from opening it there in the store and taking a gulp. I went back to my car and opened it and started chugging it out of the gallon jug. I came up for air and looked to my left. A woman was sitting in her car staring at me like I was a freaking lunatic. Haha. I wanted to yell, “I’m pregnant, leave me alone!” but decided that wouldn’t help prove I was not crazy.
If anything, this should definitely make for some interesting future blogs! I can’t believe I am about to have TWO KIDS! Wish me luck!
Until Next Time,